Establishing the Bar: An Introduction
- A focus on developing the foundational knowledge, clinical expertise, and problem-solving skills required to work safely and effectively in both common and unexpected patient situations.
- Icons throughout the text highlight important concepts and care skills.
- “Watch Out!” “Keeping Current,” and “Clinical Tips” boxes cover important safety reminders, recent research, and pointers for effectiveness and efficiency in the clinic.
- “Try This,” “Clinical Reality Check,” “Thinking It Through,” and “Pathophysiology” boxes provide additional learning enhancements.
- A wealth of clinical examples mirror today’s patient populations.
- Over 750 photographs and illustrations to bring concepts to life.
- Narrated video clips with closed captioning online at DavisPlus demonstrate must-know techniques.
The Fundamentals of Progressive Mobility
I. Moving the Bar: Preparing Yourself for Patient-Clinician Interaction
1. Establishing the Therapeutic Alliance
2. The Mechanics of Movement
3. Special EnvironmentsII. Moving the Bar: Initiating Mobility
4. Keeping It Clean: Maintaining Cleanliness in the Clinical Environment
5. Assessing Physiological Status: Vital Signs
6. Draping for Minimum Exposure and Maximum Dignity
7. Positioning Your Patient for Mobility
8. Transferring Dependent Patients: Safe Patient Handling and MobilityIII. Moving the Bar: Engaging the Patienló.