1. This book discusses biomarker discovery and validation procedures
2. Biomarker discovery and validation is important for drug discovery
3. Medicinal and biochemists in academia and industry
4. Issues in Toxicology, toxicology research
5. Focussed on the present methodology and theory of operations of biomarker discovery and validation research.Introduction to biomarker discovery and validation; Clinical context of proteomics biomarker discovery and validation, authority regulations; Biomarker discovery: Patient selection; Biomarker discovery: Experimental design and biobanking; Biomarker discovery: body fluids; Biomarker discovery: tissues; Biomarker discovery: mass spectrometry based profiling platforms; Biomarker discovery: array based profiling platforms; Biomarker discovery: data preprocessing for LC-MS data; Biomarker discovery: data preprocessing for Maldi imaging, and 2D electrophoresis and protein arrays data; Biomarker discovery: statistical analysis and validation; Biomarker validation: biomarker validation methods; Functional biomarker validation; Clinical application: case studies Clinical application: summary and future technology development trendsThis book covers proteomics biomarker discovery and validation procedures from the clinical perspective.Comprehensive Biomarker Discovery and Validation for Clinical Application provides the reader with an extensive introduction into all aspects of proteomics biomarker discovery, validation and development. It discusses the current status of science and technology, its limitations, bottlenecks as well as future development trends to improve the success rate of translating biomarker discovery into useful clinical tests. The most important feature of the book is to provide an overview of current technologies and the challenges encountered during biomarker discovery and validation, such as patient selection, sample handling, data processing, statistical analysis and registrationl)
Copyright © 2018 - 2021 Shophity, LLC.