Prepare for success on certification exams and in perioperative nursing! Alexander's Care of the Patient in Surgery, 16th Edition is the definitive text for nurses and surgical technologists training for a career in the operating room. Illustrated, step-by-step instructions cover patient care in more than 400 surgical interventions, including positioning, instrumentation, and postoperative care. New to this edition is additional coverage of robotic surgery, along with review of evidence-based guidelines for practice. From well-known educator Jane C. Rothrock - and with every chapter authored by an expert nurse - Alexander's gives you the tools you need to provide safe, high-quality care in the surgical setting.
- Over 400 general and specialty surgical interventions are covered, as well as many minimally invasive surgical procedures, whether performed in a hospital, outpatient clinic, or in a doctor's office.
- 900 full-color photos and illustrations show surgical anatomy, procedures, and methods.
- Comprehensive coverage includes basic perioperative nursing principles, such as patient and environmental safety, infection prevention and control, positioning, anesthesia and pain management, the unique needs of special populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients, and more.
- Comprehensive practice exams on the Evolve companion website include 300 exam-style questions with rationales.
- Perioperative nursing considerations include assessment, nursing diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, evaluation, discharge planning, and patient and family education.
- Sample plans of care include nursing diagnoses, outcomes, and interventionsl6